Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Look who's In the Blues corner

BLUES boss Jose Mourinho stepped into the ring at a WRESTLING show — and was mauled by the crowd.

He was booed by 14,000 fans at London’s Earls Court when introduced as Chelsea’s “head coach”.

But he smiled through as he and his kids Matilde, nine, and José Jr, six, posed with WWE boss Vince McMahon, hardcore legend Mick Foley and Puerto Rican grappler Carlito.

Pointing at his children, he said: “WWE came to my house because of them. I can't get them to watch football, but wrestling they watch all day!

“For me, it’s great to be with my kids, and to be around the people they admire very much. I think that is very cool.”

Jose also joked how the wrestler Chris Benoit did something that neither Alex Ferguson or Rafael Benítez can – by wiping the arrogant smile off his face.

He said: “I met Chris recently and realised his hand is stronger than my leg.

“So, I don’t want to mess with any of them. I just want to be friends.”

Other celebrities at the Raw event included former Spurs boss Gerry Francis, Coronation Street star Bruce Jones and Radio 1 chart show presenter Joel Ross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home